Friday 12 April 2013

Design Ideas for Vampire


Veins Under the Eyes

 

   After I did some researches on other versions of vampire makeup, I really like the idea of appearing veins under-eyes from The Vampire Diaries. So I am going to put this into my make-up design ideas! As in the vampire diaries, they used post-production to achieved the veins effect which I don't know how to do it, so I am going to try drawing the veins using make-up product instead. (Example picture on the right.)

Dry Complexion

 

   The reason of me putting dry complexion into my design ideas is that I imaging the man(vampire) upstairs is really thirsty and his skin starts to dry out because of that. Also, apart from the peeling skin, he has a matt complexion too. As vampire is supposed to be a dead creature, so they won't sweat or causing oil on their skin!

Changes of Eye Colour

 

   Vampire's eye colour usually different from human. Now I am struggling with red eyes or no pupils, they both looks really attractive. I think I will use photoshop to change my model's eye colour, so I can try both and decide later!

Vampire Fangs


   Fangs is a must have when doing vampire make-up, so of course I am going to stick fangs on my model's teeth~~~ 

Reference Make-up (Edward Scissorhands) 



   The make-up of Edward scissorhands is a perfect reference to what I am hoping to create for my vampire character's make-up. (Apart from the scars on his face, so I used photoshop to get rid of the scars.) Matt and pale complexion. Slightly contoured on the face and eyes. The colour and texture of lips are great too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment